<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Ralph Klein has gone and it is time to retire Ralph's World. Thanks to all of you who have supported this venture by contributing material and through your comments. It has been fun.

Should we get another blog underway? Let me know your thoughts by e-mailing me at johnnyslow@gmail.com.

John Slow
January 1, 2007

Monday, February 02, 2004

Calm Before the Storm? 

Lately, it seems as though I am seeing a little less of the provincial Tories in the news. I know, I know, many of them have just returned from vacation after the fall sitting of the legislature. But I always get a little curious when I don't hear much from them. Are they busy cooking up the next wave of cuts to key areas of our education system? Are they thinking up new ways to sell us the old product - public private partnerships? Are they wanting to keep things quiet (in the hope we will forget) over electricity deregulation and insurance rates hikes? Oops! almost forgot! They froze the rates on insurance increases... that is, after the rates had already jumped significantly for many people.

It could be a bit of all of the above, but usually the third year of a mandate is a bit slower when it comes to anything controversial. I am betting that they are thinking toward the next election cycle, and they can't have any of us mad enough to want to vote for someone else. Aha! I know...could it be that they are thinking of how to make us happy and put us in voter friendly mode? Tax cuts maybe? insurance rebates? electricity rate cuts?

Whatever it is, I'm sure there will be lots of attention and a lot of cheering for the good old boys!

No one knows for sure if this is the calm before the storm, so stay tuned. Regardless of what comes next, I'll keep a raincoat handy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?