<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Ralph Klein has gone and it is time to retire Ralph's World. Thanks to all of you who have supported this venture by contributing material and through your comments. It has been fun.

Should we get another blog underway? Let me know your thoughts by e-mailing me at johnnyslow@gmail.com.

John Slow
January 1, 2007

Friday, January 16, 2004

Government Response to E-mail Communications  

Here at Ralph's World we have a dedicated team of trolls keeping track of the Alberta government's responsiveness to our e-mails. The Klein Government has set a stringent target for themselves in responding to e-mails from concerned citizens. They aim for a response back within 72 hours. Please click here for details of government policy.

My first e-mail to Premier Klein was on November 19th, 2003. I received a response back January 14, 2004. This is 61 days or 1464 hours after I sent my first e-mail. Seems a little tardy to me. Perhaps things have slowed down a bit what with the holidays and that trip to India. What is more bothersome is the response itself which in effect said. We won't answer your questions until we know where you live.

So . . . . .

I have dispatched another e-mail which is as follows:

Dear Ms. Nelson and Premier Klein:

I have had e-mail communication with both of you recently on various issues where I have requested a response. You have replied as follows:

From The Minister of Finance

Mr. Slow,

Thank you for your comments, the Minister appreciates them. Mrs.
Nelson prefers to respond in writing. Could you please send us your
mailing address?

Thank you,

Colleen M. Potter
Constituency Assistant
Calgary Foothills


From The Premier:

Thank you for your recent e-mail addressed to Premier Klein. Please be
advised that the Premier's office requires your mailing address in order to
provide you with a further response.


It is not clear to me why you need to know where I live in order to correspond with me. You have my e-mail address which is all that should be required. As my intention is to post your responses to Ralph's World as they are received, it would be much easier if I received your answers in electronic form. This would save me considerable effort in re-typing your responses and it would save you the cost of a stamp.

Please rest assured that I am a concerned Albertan as are all others who contribute to Ralph's World. When we correspond with you publicly we do so in the belief that our questions are worthy of a public answer. If you believe our questions to be trite or naive please bear with us. We are not experts. We are just citizens looking for answers to questions that greatly affect us and our children.

I look forward to your response.

Yours truly

John Slow

Please click here to review the correspondence that we have had with the Alberta Government.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?