<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Ralph Klein has gone and it is time to retire Ralph's World. Thanks to all of you who have supported this venture by contributing material and through your comments. It has been fun.

Should we get another blog underway? Let me know your thoughts by e-mailing me at johnnyslow@gmail.com.

John Slow
January 1, 2007

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Klein savage in curtailing info on privitzation! 

Following an e-mail sent to Murray Smith  murray.smith@gov.ab.ca and followed by two seperate inquiries to no avail.  Information is a very large number of people were laid off! Murray Smith did respond that Alliance Groups do have a new source of funding.
 
I have a great deal of empathy for your decision to retire!  Personally, I think you have done a great job.  The position carries a lot of grief.

You had a one of the most enlightened public advice groups set up in your "Water for Life program".  Comparable if not ahead of Montana's which was in my opinion, advanced.

I sent a message to the Chair of the Water Alliances asking if we could but seismic as it relates to aquifers on the discussion forum.

I never received a reply to that particular memo nor, did I expect to.

However, I was advised that two days after that email went in Steve West badgered you to lay off a large number of those support people and to cancel all funding for the water alliance groups.  In science and environment disciplines in this province, it means these people will be back working at MacDonald's!

This action was a sad state of affairs for a Government who spent a number of years ushering people through environment and water programs in the Province.

Can you please tell me how many positions were terminated by Mr. West's order?  Is there a chance the Water Alliances may still receive funding?

Thank you!

John Clark,14815 - 123 Ave.,Edmonton, AB T5L 2Y7

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?